Did you know - the clothing industry is responsible for more pollution than maritime shipping and international flights combined?
Mending is one of the best things that can be done to extend the life of your clothing and reduce your environmental impact on the world. It is also a great way to fall back in love with your clothes as you personalize them with visible patches and stitching to keep them wearable, by using traditional and contemporary handsewing techniques.
***Free shipping or local drop off! If you live in the Boise area, leave a note at check out if you would like next-day front-porch drop off***
Each kit includes everything necessary to start mending your clothes:
- handsewn zip bag with hand embroidered embellishmenta
- 2 repurposed denim patches
- 2 colors (5 yards each) of vintage cotton thread (navy and natural)
- 2 needles
- thread snips
- chalk fabric pencil
- 2 colors (5 yards each) of vintage yarn (see last photo for colors - slate, rose, tan, natural - and indicate which two colors you want in the notes at checkout)
- needle threader
- workbook with instructions for denim and knit mending
- hand stitched mending flair pin (phrase is specified in the details of each kit below)